Fairtrade is a trading agreement which guarantees a minimum price to farmers that reflects their production costs.
Producers also receive a Fairtrade Premium, for them to invest in community development.
The Fairtrade certification process encourages producer organisations:
– to continuously improve working conditions
– to continuously improve product quality
– to increase the environmental stability of their activities
– to invest in the development of their organisations
– to invest in the welfare of their workers.