Great Fairtrade Bake Off
Saturday 28th February 2015
4.30 pm – 6 pm
Get baking and see if Matlock Bakers can beat off the competition from other Derbyshire Dales Contestants.
The Great Derbyshire Dales Fairtrade Bake Off forms part of the Fairtrade Fortnight Celebrations in the area.
The Fairtrade towns of Matlock, Wirksworth, Darley Dale, Ashbourne and Bakewell will each be putting on a bake off heat. The finalists from each town will be entered into the Grand Final where the Derbyshire Dales Top Baker will receive a prestigious award.
- Entrants will bring along their finished bake to be tasted by the judges.
- The recipe must contain as many Fairtrade ingredients as possible. (Fairtrade packaging for ingredients to be brought along to the competition to display along with your recipe)
- Marks will be given for presentation, taste, innovation and of course marks are awarded for use of Fairtrade ingredients, as judged by three local chefs and a member of the Fairtrade Town Steering group.
- There will be finalists from each town from adult and under 14 categories who will go forward to the Grand Final of the Great Derbyshire Dales Fairtrade Bake Off to be held at Carsington.
- The final date for entries is Sunday 22nd February 2015
Please email details of your entry including your name, address, contact telephone number and your age if you are 14 or under. Tell us what your bake will be.