Matlock Heat of the
Great Fairtrade Bake Off
Saturday 28th February 2015
4.30 pm – 6 pm
bakes to arrive by 4.45 for judging at 5
Judges; Stacey from Cool River Cafe, Trevor or Rosie from Green Way Cafe and Colin from Clove Kitchen
Get baking and see if you can become Derbyshire Dales Top Fairtrade Baker
The Great Derbyshire Dales Fairtrade Bake Off forms part of the Fairtrade Fortnight Celebrations in the area.
The Fairtrade towns of Matlock, Wirksworth, Darley Dale, Ashbourne and Bakewell will each be putting on a bake off heat. (see below for details, after the entry form) The finalists from each town will be entered into the Grand Final where the Derbyshire Dales Top Baker will receive a prestigious award. Judges Andy Auld, baker from the Loaf and a judge from Divine Chocolate Company will decide who is the Champion Derbyshire Dales Baker for 2015.
- Entrants will bring along their finished bake to be tasted by the judges.
- The recipe must contain as many Fairtrade ingredients as possible. (Fairtrade packaging for ingredients to be brought along to the competition to display along with your recipe)
- Marks will be given for presentation, taste, innovation and of course marks are awarded for use of Fairtrade ingredients, as judged by chefs and a member of the Fairtrade Town Steering group.
- There will be finalists from each town from adult and under 14 categories who will go forward to the Grand Final of the Great Derbyshire Dales Fairtrade Bake Off to be held at Carsington Visitors Centre on Saturday 7th March, 2015 at 3pm
- The final date for entries is Sunday 22nd February 2015
Please email details of your entry including your name, address, contact telephone number, your age if you are 14 or under and which town’s heat you wish to enter. Also can you tell us what your recipe will be called.
Other Derbyshire Town Heats are;
Matlock – Saturday 28th February 4.30 – 6 at Imperial Rooms, Matlock prizes to be donated by the Co-operative Supermarkets Matlock
Wirksworth – Saturday 28th February 2 – 3.30pm at Wirksworth Town Hall
Ashbourne – 11am on Saturday 28th February at Ashbourne Town Hall as part of the Artisans Market
Bakewell – Saturday 28th February 1 – 3pm at Bakewell Town Hall
Darley Dale Saturday 28th February – as part of a coffee morning which runs 10 – 12 am and 2 – 4pm at the Methodist Hall, Darley Dale