Sit down for breakfast, stand up for farmers!
29 February – 13 March
As Martin Luther King famously said, ‘before you finish eating breakfast in the morning, you’ve depended on more than half the world’. Despite our dependence on farmers and workers for the foods, drinks and products that we love, about 795 million people are undernourished globally.
The people who grow the food we take for granted can’t always feed their own families. We can support farmers and workers to put food on the table for their families by harnessing the power of a Fairtrade breakfast.
We are trying to get as many people as possible to eat a Fairtrade breakfast in Matlock during Fairtrade Fortnight?
If you are planning an event let us know.
- A Fairtrade banana on your porridge or melting some Fairtrade chocolate in it.
- Fairtrade marmalade, honey or jam on your toast.
- To wash it all down Fairtrade tea, coffee, hot chocolate or fruit juice.
No time for breakfast? Try a takeaway Fairtrade drink on the go from cafes in town with a crunchy energy giving Geo Bar Fairtrade cereal snack. https://matlockfairtrade.com/buying-fairtrade-in-matlock-and-the-dales/
What is happening in the Derbyshire Dales?
Some local schools are holding Fairtrade Breakfast events.
- Tansley Primary on Wednesday 2nd March
- St. Josephs Catholic Primary Thursday 3rd March
Let us know if your school is planning anything